Friday, December 10, 2010

Why Does it Feel Like January in December?!?!

So my title has nothing to do with my blog entry, I just am upset about how stinkin' cold it is already! I hate when the farmers are right.... I would much prefer the upper 20's that it is supposed to be! I love winter and everything, but on Sunday it is supposed to be a high of ONE DEGREE. That is not a high. The weather should say "Sunday is supposed to be frigidly freaking cold, with a high of too-cold-to-go-outdoors-and-enjoy-playing-with-your-toddler". Sorry. I needed to rant. I'm done now.

I just wanted to do a little update, since it has been forever since I have written anything! We don't have internet at the apartment anymore (a tad costly at the moment), so I am only even online once in a great while, besides a little facebook creeping while I'm nannying, which is where I am now :)

I guess the biggest news right now is that John has joined the National Guard. I know, most of you think we are crazy. We have a 2-year-old and an almost 1-year-old, and while he is gone it IS going to be hard, and I will be lonely and missing him every second, but in the end it is very worth it. He is going to be a Machinist/Welder. They combined the 2 positions since they both include many of the same things, but that also makes his training 10 weeks longer than it should have been..... 29 weeks. Yep. 7 long months. And no, I in no way think it is going to be easy-as-pie while hes gone. I am going to have a Brooklyn that misses her Daddy very much, especially because she always asks for him on the rare occasions when she wakes up at night. I am going to have a Jacob that won't entirely remember Daddy because he is still so little, but John is going to record a video for them so that they both can get some Daddy time when they need it :) And I will be sleeping in a bed alone, not having the man I love there to have pillow-talk with at night, to hold me when the apartment is freaking me out, to kiss me and tell me everything is okay when I am stressing majorly about things that are not a big deal, or to get a hug when I feel like I am going to break a little bit. Pretty sure I am going to be writing letters//writing in here constantly.... so I apologize to the very few people that read this about the ridiculous amount of posts about how much I miss him and about random things that I need to get off my chest in the middle of the night in advance.

But for all the things that make me sad about him being gone so long for training, there is so much good that comes out of this.
  • He has been wanting to do this for a long time. I have always known it was in the plans, it was just a matter of timing.
  • His training is going to be extremely useful when he gets back in finding a good job. I see so many machinist and welder positions when I am job searching randomly.
  • The pay is very good. We will actually be able to save while he is gone. Hopefully for a house! But firstly to replace my piece of crap car. :)
  • The benefits are awesome. Great healthcare and dental. School paid for for him. Previous school loans paid for.
  • It gives us a PLAN. We have not had an actual plan for our lives since the day Brooklyn was born. I love both of my children more than I can even explain, and they have been an enormous blessing to our lives, but they kind of threw everything for a loop!
  • And lastly..... seeing my man in that uniform is going to be incredibly sexy ;-)
And to the one person (you know precisely who you are) who has only said "He will be deployed for sure" and "I'm sure he will get deployed right after AIT." YOU. CAN. SHOVE. IT. We aren't stupid. He will obviously be deployed at some point. We don't know when, you don't know when. So be supportive. I have not heard one supportive word from this person. Nothing negative either (or nothing that would seem negative to most people). If you don't agree with our decision, which was in no way brash or not thought through, then that is fine. But support us. That is the only thing I ask. And if you can't, then shut up.

Sorry again for that rant, but if I didn't, it is very probable I would scream it in their face.

Other things in life haven't changed much. John no longer works for Bridgemans. He worked for a landscaping company til about a week ago, but that work is gone because of how cold it is, so he is just looking for something dumb until he leaves in 3 months. I no longer work at Lane Bryant. I nanny 4 days a week. I love it! Addison is a doll, and Aaron is a ridiculously good baby. Brooklyn turned 2 on Nov. 18, and is starting to get some of those "terrible 2" qualities. We are working with her, and she is still my little angel :) She is learning new words all the time, and tries very hard to put sentences together. She is obsessed with coloring and playing in her new car she got from Auntie. Jacob can army crawl like a mad man. He doesn't seem to like the off-the-belly crawling very much! He loves to try to play with his sister's toys (while she is of course), but hates when she tries to play with him. He thoroughly enjoys his alone time in their room. He will play in there for a solid 30 minutes by himself, I think just enjoying that Brooke isn't pestering him! He is still a wheezer.... but his medicine is helping quite a bit. And if he doesn't have any hospital stays this winter, he can try being off it for the summer :D :D :D

Well, that is all, as Aaron is up from his nap and ready for some (not) tasty rice cereal! Happy Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment