Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy

5. What are the 5 things that make you the most happy right now?

1) Alone time. I know, it sounds terrible; but the time when I am just away from everyone is my time where I can truly recharge my mental batteries. I love my kids, and I love to nanny, but being around my children 24/7 and then adding in two other bundles of adorableness 3 days a week...... It can get a bit emotionally draining, especially when John is gone for work. So I enjoy every moment of my alone time - because without it I get a *tad* impatient & annoyed with everything in life. And starting this month John is giving me a once a month night out completely and totally alone, to do just whatever. I'm so excited for this to start.....

2) Date nights. We also make sure to do once a month date nights. Time where we are just us. No matter how busy our schedules are, or how little we have seen each other in a few weeks because of John's work & drill schedules, we make sure to find time for this night to take a few hours and just have fun together. With no cell phones (the only exception being a text or 2 to make sure the kids are doing alright with the sitter). And we take turns planning it. I'm excited to plan May's :) Its fun to plan these nights and make them feel like we're just dating again.

3) Brooklyn & Jacob. They bring such an immense amount of love & joy into my life. Brooke's goofy & contagious laugh; her snappy little personality. Jake's big hugs & turning everything into a game. Its hard to describe, but these two make every day worth it.

4) Shopping. Yep, I'm a total girl. But I love shopping, even when its just window shopping.

5) Friends - and family that has become friends. They make the big, difficult parts of life that much easier to go through. And push you to see beyond just your point of view, which is often needed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I didn't see this one. I love it!! And I love the pic! :)

    ReplyDelete