Monday, April 2, 2012

The Things We Fear The Most

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1- I am terrified of hitting a deer while I'm driving. Or someone else is driving. Or ever. In a vehicle. Because I am positive I won't just quickly hit it, it dies, and move along. I'm quite sure it would come through my windshield, antlers thrashing, and then kill/brutally harm me & anyone in the car, especially the kids. And since we drive up north to the cabin at night several times a year.... Lets just say I am SUPER alert for the entire drive!! This whole fear started when my brother & I were driving to the cabin really late one night after a Blaine football game..... He said he would stay  awake and help watch for deer on the back roads. Well, anyone who knows David knows that didn't happen, the guy loves to sleep. Well, we're on the last 2 miles before we get to the cabin, driving around the lake, when 3 deer come bolting out right in front of us. I slam the brakes, David wakes up flipping out thinking we've died, and the deer just STAND THERE! So I, being 17 and dumb and never encountering deer in this way before, honked at them. And they came running at the car! None of them officially hit it, but one just stood there right next to the hood looking all intimidating like "I'm gonna get you for that" (that's what I thought in my head, I doubt it was actually thinking anything lol). So, I honked again, and they ran off. And ever since, I'm a freak about watching the ditch while driving at night.

2- Burning alive. I know its a pretty common fear, but it is the last way I would want to die. I have no idea where the fear came from, but I'm not a big "fire" person. Bonfires are good and all, I just stay a distance away. Unlike my husband; who can never be too close. 

3- This one is pretty obvious. Losing John. He is my rock, my best friend. And he has been a major part of my life since we were in middle school. Whether it be to divorce, or death, it isn't anything I want to think about. I will probably be the world's biggest wreck during deployment. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my cool as well as some of the strong ladies I know. Being married, having a family, it was always my ultimate goal/dream, and I have no idea what I would do if it was taken away from me.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if it makes you feel better, you can come over to Kathy and my apartment and watch some LoTR, Bourne, Fast and the Furious, and Crash of the Titans while he is deployed, make you feel a bit more at home! This is your broheim by the way.

    ReplyDelete